Jeremiah 29:13 NCV "When you search for me with all your heart, you will find me!"

With our love, your prayers, and GOD's many blessings we will travel to Russia to bring our baby home and make our family complete.

Friday, May 15, 2009

4 Months of Waiting

Yesterday marked 4 months of waiting for a referral. I wish we had more to tell.

I will share this one thing with you all. It is amazing the wisdom grandparents have, if you just sit and listen. My Gran, a very special woman in my life, had a way with words yesterday. There are days when she says very little, but yesterday she was full of conversation. She asked how our adoption was going, so I explained we are waiting on a referral and that we have been waiting for 4 months. She then asked how long we will have to wait. So I explained it could take up to a year or more. She sat quietly for a minute and then said, "That may seem like a long time, but I guess it is a good process." "If it were to easy and you could just go pick up a baby any time, imagine how many people may adopt that would not necessarily need or deserve to."

OK, I know that isn't any great revelation, but she may have something. Adoption requires a lot of patience, faith, and commitment. If the process was different, if all you had to do is fill out an application, buy a plane ticket, and go pick up a baby; think of how many babies may go to less that ideal homes. Every child deserves to go home with parents who love them and truly want them.

Another adoptive mom shared with me last week,
"Your little one is not ready for you yet. Though it might not seem like it, God is weaving a perfect story for your family...He really is."

So we continue to wait for God to finish weaving our story.

1 comment:

  1. this post just touched my heart...i'm so glad that you allow your faith to sustain you!
    A verse i happened upon this morning...
    "As for God, his way is perfect; the Lord's word is flawless. He is a shield for those who take refuge in him." Psalm 18:30

    ReplyDelete