Jeremiah 29:13 NCV "When you search for me with all your heart, you will find me!"

With our love, your prayers, and GOD's many blessings we will travel to Russia to bring our baby home and make our family complete.

Monday, July 27, 2009

A thought & prayer request

A little something on my mind and heart.

I have been reading a book by Karen Kingsbury, Between Sundays. The basic story line is of one particular foster child and his reuniting with his father. One clear message from the book is, our life is defned by not only what we do on Sundays, but what we do between Sudays. There is much more to the book, one I recommend anyone, needing a little inspiration, to read.

There is part I would like to share. The characters are unimportant for the part I want to share, but it something that is very thought provoking. Kingsbury wrote, "Sometimes God gives us hard things,"..............."Because He loves us enough to help us grow up."

These lines caught me, made me pause in my reading and think. Most us of have had some kind of hard thing. If we walk by faith and trust in God we can use the "hard things" and grow. Growing up doesn't always mean getting older, but sometimes it means some thing much deeper. "Growing up" can mean something different in each or our lives.

By having faith in God, I know that God is using the "waiting" to help us grow. This knowledge doesn't make it any less hard, but I accept that He loves us and has a plan.

This book really has touched me and leads me to this prayer request. There are many children all around us without a mom, dad or maybe even without both. These children are either in orphanages, in foster homes, or on the streets. Please pray that God may open the doors for these children to find Forever Families and for their safety. Pray for the foster children who are never adopted and age out of the system at 18. These kids are often released with no real place to go except the streets. These kids need our prayers.

2 comments:

  1. What a great post and so true! God doesn't promise to give us a cakewalk for a life instead He promises to never forsake us through it all!
    Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him from them all.
    Psalm 34:19

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said, Amy! And for prayers for all the parents who are waiting too. Big hug from MS!

    ReplyDelete