Jeremiah 29:13 NCV "When you search for me with all your heart, you will find me!"

With our love, your prayers, and GOD's many blessings we will travel to Russia to bring our baby home and make our family complete.

Friday, February 20, 2009

More News Today

Ok... if the news this morning wasn't bad enough, here is more. I just received an email about 30 mins ago form our agency. A Russian official has made a proposal to put a temporary moratorium on the adoption of Russian children with those outside the country. This proposal has been made in an effort to protect the children in light of the recent U.S. cases of Russian Federation adopted children being abused or neglected after adoption. The agency stated that proposals like this one have been made in the past and never made it further than discussion.

I can understand their concern, but any child no matter if they are adopted by U.S. citizens or anybody else can be abused or neglected. There is no magic test to predict what parent will eventually abuse or neglect their child. I am sure there are parents in Russia who abuse or neglect their children.

This news is a little unsettling to us. I just have pray and hope that this proposal will not pass. I know that in my heart we could never hurt a child.

I know we have asked many times, but please keep praying for our adoption. Pray for those persons involved in our case. Prayer is powerful and with GOD on our side anything is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment