Jeremiah 29:13 NCV "When you search for me with all your heart, you will find me!"

With our love, your prayers, and GOD's many blessings we will travel to Russia to bring our baby home and make our family complete.

Friday, February 20, 2009

New release from Russia

I just received an update on Russian Adoptions in general. The Russian Federation just released a list of home study agencies that have to make some corrections or changes in order for the paperwork to be accepted. It is just our luck that our home study agency is on that 7 page list of agencies. Right now, I am unsure how this will ultimately affect us. It is possible that because our documents were submitted prior to this release, that we may not be affected. I have contacted our home study agency this morning and they will be reviewing the new statement, hopefully be able to fix the problem, and be able to be removed from the list. Worst case scenario the home study would have to redone and resubmitted by another agency.

I will admit this is a little discouraging. It seems it is two steps forward then 3 back. The worst part is knowing that our baby could already be born and lying in a crib somewhere with no one to love or hold them. I pray that this technicality will be resolved quickly and we will still be able to receive our referral this year sometime.

I will say I am grateful our adoption agency stays on top of these releases and notifies us immediately. I hope to talk to our case manager today. I will post again when I know more.

No comments:

Post a Comment