Jeremiah 29:13 NCV "When you search for me with all your heart, you will find me!"

With our love, your prayers, and GOD's many blessings we will travel to Russia to bring our baby home and make our family complete.

Monday, February 23, 2009

Today's News

Unfortunately there isn't much to tell. I spoke with our Case Manager and she reassured me that no immediate actions have been taken to stop adoptions at this time. There is, however, always a risk that Russia could close their doors. The proposal I mentioned earlier is just in the discussion stage and hopefully will go no further. There will be another meeting this week and hopefully it will bring good news or at least not bad news.

As far as the the issue with the home study agency, things are looking better. I spoke with our social worker and her agency is working diligently to resolve the matter. They have 1 post placement report that is unaccounted for in Russia. It was done, but somehow either the family's adoption agency did not forward it on, or it was lost in transit. Hopefully within a week or two our home study agency will be able to get their name removed.

Please keep us in your prayers as well as any international adoptions. We have become linked to several families adopting in Russia, and they are facing the same challenges.

1 comment:

  1. Ashley & Amy,

    This is Carey, Phillip Tomlinson's wife. Phillip passed your blog address along to me. I wanted you to know that we will be praying for you and that indeed God does have a plan and He is in complete control. This news didn't surprise Him or catch Him off guard. He has already set apart a child just for you and I pray that you will hold that child in your arms very soon!

    ReplyDelete